The Community Relations Department of The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is looking for a multi faceted individual to join our marketing and community relations team. If you have a passion for event planning, journalism, marketing, video and photo editing, or communications, we encourage you to apply for this entry level dynamic position. We need your creativity, enthusiasm and organizational skills to help spread the word on all the wonderful things our agency does in our community.
CLASSIFICATION – Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO – Director of Community Relations
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Full time, Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., some evening and weekends required for events
QUALIFICATIONS – Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field. Knowledge of computers and social media. Experience with video editing and photography preferred. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds. Valid/acceptable NYS drivers’ license required.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all required background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE – Provides assistance to the Community Relations Department with implementation of all agency marketing, promotional campaigns, newsletters, and special events including communications, advertising, membership, office management, and event planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee advertising and marketing initiatives to advise and report on strategic planning goals.
- Manage social media outreach on all platforms with content approval from Director.
- Write and draft material for newsletters, advertising, and other promotional materials.
- Handle the production and editing of videos and photographs.
- Monitor media and organize/archive news placements.
- Assist with grant writing and foundation endeavors.
- Responsible for assisting with day to day operations of the Department including office management, processing forms/invoices, answering phones, and handling mailings.
- Provide support for agency events and manage aspects of the process.
- Maintain a schedule for meetings and support people using agency space with technology and tables/chairs, as requested.
- Organize and maintain agency event items and the borrowing library.
- Support business development endeavors
- Attend events to promote The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence as an agency representative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct and confidentiality
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in social media, computer programs, and software
- Ability to handle various project demands simultaneously
- Communication with Management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – May provide supervision to assigned trainees or volunteers.
TRAVEL – On occasion for events or trainings and between counties, as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – Professional Office Setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran