Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with people with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply!
We are hiring for Residential Managers to assist in coordination of the people we support’s total residential program, stressing independence, inclusion, individualization and productivity. Positions are Full time, 40 hours, flexible to the needs of the residential program. There is a minimum of thirty (25) contact hours per week and twenty four (16) weekend hours per month, or in certain instances, sixty (50) contact hours in a bi-week.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and one (1) year experience working with the developmentally disabled; or Associates Degree in Human Services or related field and two (2) years’ experience working with developmentally disabled individuals with one (1) year being in a supervisory position; or High School Diploma or equivalency with three (3) years’ experience and must have one (1) year of supervisory experience in a program for the developmentally disabled. Must be medication certified or the ability to be medication certified within ninety (90) days. Must have a valid/acceptable NYS driver’s license. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Essential Functions of position include: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide training, direction and supervision of Direct Support Professionals to ensure staff are competent to provide services and are meeting the needs of the people we support within the context of set regulations and ensuring health and safety at all times.
- Provide training and supervision for the people we support in the area of self-care, domestic skills, socialization and other designated areas.
- Ensure operation of the residence meets agency policy and procedure and all other governing bodies’ requirements and implement Plans of Corrective Action as developed until completion with monitoring for continued compliance.
- Ensuring all programmatic issues and documentation has been completed and filed appropriately and expediently while adhering accurately to ensure billable to OPWDD.
- Ensure the implementation and follow through of all ADL, interpersonal skill training and behavior modification programs for the people we support.
- Assist in the management of the people we support’s life plans and monitor the plan developed at the annual review.
- Ensure completion of all documentation, fire drills, and matters concerning the people we support’s programs, site physical plant, household supplies, equipment repair, and personal needs.
- Conduct staff meetings, training and other discussion regarding the people we support.
Travel is routinely expected throughout Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties or other areas as deemed appropriate for the needs of the people we support.
This position operates in the residential setting of the people we support, in the community, as well as a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Premium Sign On Bonus Program: Effective May 3, 2021 –September 5, 2021
- Sign on bonus of $750 paid after 6 months and then $750 after 12 months of service.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran